I’ve hinted at our big move a few times here, but our loft is still in disarray! I can’t believe how long it takes to settle into a new place. We’ve never had this amazing chance to start with a blank canvas, so we’re taking our time to get it just right! Until the loft is ready for its debut, here are some of the ideas that are inspiring our space:
- Stylish Shelving: I think we’ve seen it everywhere, bookshelves are not just for books anymore. I love the pretty touches like flowers, and more personal things like sketches we’ve made. For the shelves near the bedroom, I like to put my shoes on display.
- Clever Storage: We love our space, but (just like everywhere else) storage is limited. We were inspired when we saw this pop-top table at West Elm, and we actually ended up purchasing it! Shopping tip: always check if the store sells old floor models, we got ours for nearly 50% off!
- Neutral Harmonies:This living space is *the one* that sparked my imagination. The light contrasts in color and the mix of textures is both stylish and welcoming! See more photos here.
- Lively Greens: A great way to add a personal touch to any space is to bring in some life. Right now, I’m working on building a window garden. Don’t be intimidated if you’ve never grown anything before, I started with a hydroponic basil plant purchased at the grocery store about two months ago and it’s still sprouting leaves and supplying our dinners.
- Custom Accents: Don’t let budget be the reason you don’t own furniture you love. There are so many DIY resources and projects out there to personalize furniture if you’re willing to try. This Apartment Therapy list inspired us to turn an Ikea Kallax into a unique TV bench/media storage unit & bar. Yes, it does that many things.
- Gallery Walls: Since the explosion of phonetography, we’ve gotten into the habit of letting millions of photos get lost in the rush. A gallery wall is a great way to take your decor to the next level. Not only does it preserve the special moments, but you can display your own art projects, and disguise that giant television.
I’ve noticed lots of people have moved recently, so I’m curious to know – what inspired your decor?
Domaine Home – Hillary Kerr: Book Smart
Apartment Therapy – 10 Super Stylish Ikea Hacks
Bungalow Blue – Disguise a TV in a Fab Gallery Wall
Donna Dotan – The Printing House, West Village
Apartment Therapy – “Ever Evolving” Classically Modern Reno House Tour